Yesterday as I was walking to class I was think of all the walking I have been doing. It is about 1 mile to class and I walk both ways every class day. Plus all the waking to every other place I have to go. I figured I have waked about 600 miles so far, with at lest another 200 to still to go. Most of the time I walk alone for a few reasons. One is my pace, which is kind of fast. Today was different. As two sidewalks came together I was joined by a fairly tall female airman that was running a little late. Her pace was about the same as mine so we made the mile walk together. Her class was in the building right nest to mine. Today was graduation day for her and tomorrow she is on her way to Nellis AFB, NV. She is from Mesa, AZ so she was happy with her new assignment. Her job in the Air Force is flight medic, so we had a few things to talk about as we made our way across the base. It was nice to chat was we walked.
When I walk alone I play a little game to pass the time. I count smiles. I love to see smiles, so I give them as I walk and I almost always get one back. There are now even a few that I see on a regular basis that smile at me first.
Reading: The Power by Rhonda Byrne
Alma 63: 2
And he was a just man, and he did walk uprightly before God; and he did observe to do good continually, to keep the commandments of the Lord his God; and also did his brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment