Thursday, September 9, 2010

friend or family

After getting a call tonight I have been reflecting on relationships.  In the church we call each other brother or sister, but do we really feel the love for them as such.  I have grown so close to an extended family that there is that kind of love.  He really is a big brother to me and I have family type bonds to others of his family.  I am in the "know" for family going ons.  I have great love for them and I feel the love they have for me.
I have also felt and seen the lack of it in many of churches I have been to.  Here gossip and roomers have given the weak a reason to quit coming to church.  The church, which should be a place of refuge from such hurt is the source of it.  We can never know the circumstance which have cause our brothers and sisters to make the choices they do.  We can and should love them fully as Christ does.  We need to encourage and uplift our brothers and sisters that are in need.  Even a simple smile goes a long way.
I pray for all the members of this special extended family of mine as they are going though various trials.  I also thank the Lord for their love and support of me in my trials.
May we all treat everyone we meet with the love and respect of a brother or sister, as we all share Heavenly Parents.

Reading: The Power by Rhonda Byrne



Alma 59: 13 
And it came to pass that Moroni was angry with the government, because of their aindifference concerning the freedom of their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment