Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend

This has been a full weekend.  Some of it not very productive, but fun nonetheless.  I managed to watch two more episodes of Star Wars in one night.  New Hope brings back memories as I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out.  I think it cost a quarter.  Those were the days.

Saturday I drove the van for the servicemen's temple trip to Dallas.  Eleven of us were able to go.  One of the group is a new member and he was able to do baptisms and I did initiatory work.  I have family file names I am still working on.  It was a very special time for me in the temple.
Before we left the Dallas area we had lunch at Chipotle and made a visit to the LDS bookstore.  After a wrong turn and a stop for ice cream we made it back to the base.

After a text chat with a class mate I got a ride into town to a pet store.  I had been there early in the week and saw that they had some of their pets marked way down.  After some deliberation and chatting I made the plunge.  Then after I got her home and took some pictures I text messaged a friend.  Thus, Lucy my five month old little friend was named.


















Today was the same as last Sunday with a little less anxiety.  It was my second time conducting and there were fewer people.  I am so blessed that the Lord has given me the chance to serve my fellow servicemen.
I am so grateful for a special friend that helped me so much a few years ago.

Reading: Pygmalion By Bernard Shaw


D&C 93: 1 VERILY, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who aforsaketh his bsins and cometh unto me, and ccalleth on my name, and dobeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall esee my fface and gknow that I am;





No comments:

Post a Comment